Wednesday, January 11, 2017

CW (Morse Code) Training Net

Image result for morse code key

The CW Training Net begins next Tuesday at 1830 hours (6:30pm) on the Hancock County EMCOMM Repeater 146.910- (PL 151.4) This will be a weekly net except for when I am out of the area, unless another CW operator volunteers to fill in for me.
We will begin from scratch and the first letters we will learn and practice are a, n, e, t, i, m, o, s
We will see how much we can squeeze into a half hour session. I will do periodic callup for check-ins. IF you plan to just listen, keep in mind that if I have no check-ins, I will not do the net. I cannot broadcast like ARRL W1AW does because I do not have an exemption from the 2-way communication rules.
If you have not done so already, please send me an email if you are interested in this net and I will add you to theCW Training Net  list. That way if I have net items to share I don't have to bother everyone in my ham radio listing, such as I am doing now, hi hi.
The 91 repeater is interfaced with Echolink, so even though there is a delay with the audio, it should work if you are away and would like to participate. The echolink is N1CJS-L node 768827.
Please share this email so that others in the area interested in learning the Morse Code will know about the net. Thanks.
73~ Phil Duggan N1EP

No comments:

Post a Comment